Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Shipping Fees

Shipping fees have really gotten out of control! I find it hard to believe that a small knitted item, shipped in a box would cost around $8.00! Shipping in a USPS Priority envelope costs $4.90, plus 80 cents for delivery confirmation.

So, the items which are so lovingly knitted have to be jammed into a too small envelope to ship at a decent rate. Or, you have to eat some of the shipping fee. Or, and I think a lot of people do this too, is you have to charge a few bucks more on your item, and add a buck or so to the shipping fee to keep all the costs modest.

I don't know, maybe I'm just behind the times here, but I think shipping fees really stink. They're way too high! I just paid $13.00 last night to ship a supply order that isn't that heavy. But I guess it's all because of gasoline prices being high.

Funny thing about it is, the price of gas can go down, but the shipping fees stay the same! Still, I would rather deal with shipping fees than do a craft fair somewhere. I did one once, and am not ready to do one again. That would be a different topic for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment